Bulbs > Bulbs General

Trillium 2022

<< < (14/22) > >>

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: Rick R. on June 08, 2022, 12:52:16 AM ---In nature, T. cuneatum naturally dies back quite early.  But given enough moisture, it will stay green and lovely for most of the season.

--- End quote ---
Rick, here it is the same. Last year there was enough rain and the leaves stayed fresh longer than this year. This year, the rain was too late, the damage is done.
That is sometimes the unfortunate thing about growing plants, you look forward for a year to see the flower and then dry weather causes disappointment.

t00lie:
Trillium season has started down here in the southern hemisphere  ;D

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: t00lie on September 04, 2022, 11:12:38 AM ---Trillium season has started down here in the southern hemisphere  ;D

--- End quote ---
Beautiful Trillium! Here was the worst season for Trilliums (and other plants) in years because of the dry weather.

t00lie:

--- Quote from: Herman Mylemans on September 04, 2022, 01:08:09 PM ---Beautiful Trillium! Here was the worst season for Trilliums (and other plants) in years because of the dry weather.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Herman. I used to have quite a number of different variations of these Westerners however my collection has diminshed somewhat over the last few years as I have converted beds to make room for other plant interests. A number of established earlier T.clumps are not as robust as previous seasons so I wonder if it is because of an extended dry period that occurred here last season. 

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: t00lie on September 05, 2022, 06:26:57 AM ---Thank you Herman. I used to have quite a number of different variations of these Westerners however my collection has diminshed somewhat over the last few years as I have converted beds to make room for other plant interests. A number of established earlier T.clumps are not as robust as previous seasons so I wonder if it is because of an extended dry period that occurred here last season.

--- End quote ---
Dave, I'm also worried about next spring. I hope all my Trilliums survived. I also fear that the clumps will be smaller. The leaves burn fairly quickly in the spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version