SRGC Shows and Events > Events

Borders branch meetings start again

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stan da Prato:
The Borders group indoor progamme continues. Yesterday c 30 members  enjoyed  a very well illustrated  talk by Dave Binns on a six week trip to trek to Nanda Devi -the highest mountain in the Indian Himalaya. All had taken  a lateral flow test at home. it is ironic that these tests are  being  made presumably  for profit in China where the virus originated.

Stan da Prato:
Organisers David & Margret Thorne signing members in . Jim & Margaret's sales table. Bargain plants  £1 each.  Raffle table bulding up  -so many prizes  I think  everyone  won something. The home baking is now socially  distanced. Plant  display of dwarf conifers, two Petrocosmeas, Skimmia Little Ruby and Rhododendron  lapponicum Siberian form.

Stan da Prato:
Yesterday   over 30 enjoyed  another sucessful socially distanced meeting of the Borders branch. Skilled botanical artist and Meconopsis enthusiast Sharon Bradley talked about her  craft and brought along some examples of her  work. Two  fortunate members  won mec paintings in  the raffle. Seasonal snowdrops were on  Jim and Margaret's   sales table for branch  funds. The plant display was mainly of early bulbous iris. As usual  the superb  home baking rounded off the meeting.

Véronique Macrelle:
oh, it's so nice to be able to have face-to-face meetings like this again.
 I wish I could teleport there!

Stan da Prato:
Another  well attended  and  succesful Borders  branch meeting. Recently   retired  RBGE alpinist  Elspeth Mackintosh gave a most entertaining account of her 30 plus years in the garden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version