We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Seed Exchange 2021 - 22  (Read 13772 times)

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2021 - 22
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2021, 11:13:48 AM »
Likewise; the process went perfectly.  Many thanks to all involved.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2021, 11:51:21 AM »
Hi Paul,
I found the same thing but if I clicked the "Show Seedlist" button under the "Extras" grid it allowed me to choose extra numbers,
cheers
fermi

Many thanks Fermi!

Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »
Please email any queries about the  Seed Exchange  to the  Seed Team using this address: seed@srgc.org.uk

Thank you!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2021, 07:48:11 AM »
Where is the Seed List? i've seen nothing about it but an Australian friend said he was looking at it. HELP PLEASE.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2021, 08:06:09 AM »
Where is the Seed List? i've seen nothing about it but an Australian friend said he was looking at it. HELP PLEASE.
On the main site Lesley;
https://www.srgc.net/welcome_seed_exchange.asp

Worked for me okay last night (with a little help from my son!)
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »
Lesley,
to find the list, you must first enter your account with email and password (login key on the right). then go to the seed exchange menu.
 there is a 'seed list' line to see it from a to z, and another line to 'order'.

The order went very well with me. the site is very well designed. I just regret that the phytosanitary certificates prevent us from ordering more packages. the list is so beautiful ...

a big thank you to the team that takes care of the seeds

maybe another year, it would be nice to post a quick note on the forum to indicate that the list is available before December 1st. I will consider doing it next year if I see it. it was only by chance that I realized it.
 This allows you to make your choice (difficult !!!) quietly, and it has for me the effect of a 'catalog of Christmas toys for children': rather pleasant moments.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:26:38 AM by Véronique Macrelle »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2021, 09:48:49 AM »
Thanks Veronique. I did some detective work and have found most of what I need and didn't need to ask if I'd looked first. I've yet to make out an order but will sort that tomorrow I hope. You'd think that having belonged to SRGC since 1964 (I think) I'd be able to cope by now. 

It seems that for a change it is easier to order from New Zealand than for such places as Europe or Japan. I am truly sorry that Brexit had messed things up for many people but you will now appreciate some of the frustrations and the sense of deprivation we in the Southern Hemisphere have experienced for years because of our various governments' restrictions. And they will only become more severe over time. But no use going on about them yet again. Life, especially mine, is too short!
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2021, 12:59:51 PM »
Hi Lesley,
the system is a lot better than a few years ago when we would have to message Maggi to sort it out for us! Sometimes it was something ridiculously simple which would have made her roll her eyes in despair  ::)
But I did need help to re-set my email address on the new site - then everything worked perfectly  8)
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Graeme

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »
Does not recognize my e-mail address - which has not changed since BT first had e-mail

So unable to ask for a password reset - and the saved password I have in firefox is useless

Looking forward to seeing this year's list at some stage ::)
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
Advice from the Seed Exchange if there is any problem :

https://www.srgc.net/loginform.asp

Please note that the Seed Ex. is open until 13th January, not 17th  or 15th as advised earlier. ... it may be an idea to check with the Seed Team  seed@srgc.org.uk to see which is actually correct!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:11:44 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
Hi everyone

We've been busy troubleshooting the various problems some members have experienced since the seed exchange opened on Wednesday. I'll try to answer some of the queries that have been raised in previous posts here.

1. 'Email address not recognized'. We are using an entirely new online membership system for the first time and there have been issues in ensuring the validity of some email addresses in merging various databases. If you receive such a message then please send an email to membership@srgc.org.uk and we will enter or correct the address. Once we've done this you will need to reset your password.

2. We've noticed that a few members, particularly in one domain, have not been receiving their confirmation emails which list their completed and paid orders. We're sorry about that but we can confirm that the fault does not lie with our site. If you don't get an email then you can view your completed orders on the 'Order My seed' page - the word ORDERED will be seen against your completed Main/Surplus and your selections will be listed. A copy of the confirmation email that you should have received can be viewed in Membership > My Correspondence

3. Seed List. In addition to the online list, for those who prefer to browse offline, a pdf of the printed list can be downloaded. Clicking on the bold 'pdf' in the text on the Seed List page will initiate download of the file. Similarly there is an MS Excel file and this also contains Google search functions.

4. Problems entering extra numbers. We are aware that some have experienced problems here and we are not sure why this happens. One solution is to use the interactive dropdown list from the button beneath the grid as has already been said. Another solution is to click away from the page and back, or in some cases you may need to log out and back in again and this usually clears the problem.

5. 'Payment process wont move forward'. Again, as before try the suggested solutions above. No data will be lost.

I'll come back to you all to clarify the closing date of the Exchange

Enjoy!
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

Akke

• I hope the bees like it
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2021, 09:29:11 PM »
For EU members, I didn’t change GBP to euro and got the wrong amount ( not 7 euro, but 6 and something). Tried paying again, didn’t work, logged out and in, and everything was fine.

I just hope that next year EU members can send seeds to the Seedex, I’m looking forward to gathering seeds (and beating the ants), last season I was just cutting off old flowers 

Thanks for the great work.
Akke & Spot
Mostly bulbs. Gardening in containers and enjoying public green.
Northern part of The Netherlands, a bit above sealevel, zone 8a normally, average precipitation 875 mm.
Lots to discover.

Hali13

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »
Hi, I understand that I can not order surplus seeds as an EU member because of complications arising from changes in phytosanitary regulations. But can i still order surplus seeds to an address in UK. I guess that should be possible, right?

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2021, 02:16:38 PM »
The online process will allow members to send their surplus order to an alternative address. During the payment process select alternative delivery address and fill in the details.
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »
The paper copies of this year's Seed List were mailed out to all members (UK and overseas) today, Wednesday 8th December.  Apologies for the delay which has been caused by a combination of several factors this year.  However, as Dave has said previously the Seed List has been available both as pdf, as Excel, and as a dropdown since ordering opened.

We have received more orders than usual this year, but received fewer seed donations, both in number and quantity.  So it is ESSENTIAL to complete ALL your Second Choices to ensure that you are not disappointed.  Please also note that we prefer online ordering and payment, which saves unneccesary administrative time.

Please also make sure that your New Year resolution is to become a Seed Donor next year.  Donors can choose more First Choices, and have the satisfaction of knowing that they are contributing what is probably the best Seed Exchange in the world!
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal