We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: House Orchids 2021  (Read 3130 times)

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: House Orchids 2021
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2021, 08:54:08 AM »
More than 110 years later, but amazing!  Thank you both.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

cristoff

• Pleione Noob
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2021, 03:15:39 AM »
Very nice Phrag, Cristoff. Houseplants are always welcome during the winter months. This past week saw the first snow stay on the ground here in southwestern Nova Scotia. Outdoor temperatures have been really erratic (Today's forecast is for a high of 15 C, by Wednesday our daytime high will be -2 C).

At least there is something new in bloom in our sun room. This is Vanda (formerly Ascocenda) Princess Mikasa 'Blue', blooming for the first time under my care. It arrived over 6 months ago, via mail order. The plant looked as if it had been flattened when it emerged from the shipping box. Needless to say, it seems to like its new location!

(Attachment Link)

Thank you Gordon! We're getting the same winter here in SW Ontario. The temps seem to have finally stabilized though. I've always wanted to come visit your beautiful corner of our country. One day  :)

Beautiful Vanda. I remember seeing my first Princess Mikasa and loving the colour. Great growing!

Nik

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »
My large green Cymbidium is opening the season this year. With the interesting lighting and the christmassy colors, I couldn’t resist posting a couple of pictures.
This year it has 8 spikes and 54 buds total. The individual flowers are 10 cm wide.

697981-0

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 05:15:13 PM by Maggi Young »

Nik

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 04:00:52 PM »
Happy Holidays to everyone!
(These two pictures are from last winter, they are again coming along nicely, just a bit late this year.)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »
 Yes!! Happy holidays  Everyone!!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal