We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Paeonia 2021  (Read 9106 times)

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
Re: Paeonia 2021
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »
I went to the Sir Harold Hillier garden last weekend to see their new peony border - Bartzella was definitely the plant attracting the most attention from visitors there.
691765-0

Part of the border;
691767-1
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Gail

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »
Paeonia 'Jan van Leeuwen'
691769-0

Paeonia 'Noemie Demay'
691771-1

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 06:55:31 PM by Gail »
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Gail

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2021, 07:11:09 PM »
i have a P. rockii that I posted a photo of here in 2015. a few months back i noticed it has fallen across a path I was creating at the top of a slope. It is planted close to the house so my fault of course. I can't move the path; now i have to move a plant ~5' across and high. Supposedly they move easily in  the autumn. Any advice would be welcome. I doubt it will retain much soil, even if i could lift it.

Be bold Brian and lift it, it should be fine. If there is no urgency then autumn is probably counsel of perfection but they will survive lifting at other times, even in leaf if you cut back the top growth a bit. I brought my plant of Lydia Foote with me from Suffolk; it spent over a month in a plastic bag in a potting shed, was divided into three to make two new neighbours happy and the remaining third has flowered beautifully this year;
691775-0
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2021, 09:01:18 AM »
That's the one. Thanks Maggi and Arnold
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
I got a good harvest of seeds from this P.veitchii, or at least it is grown as such. It is about 50-60cm high plant, has sidebuds, flowers open pale pink but turn almost white during flowering, and it is very fertile so it is not a sterile hybrid like Windflowers. If anyone is interested in these seeds please send me pm.
Leena from south of Finland

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2021, 04:19:14 PM »
Anyone have rockii or a double yellow seeds? I have both of the  hanging yellows and would like a nice upright yellow. Can buy, or trade, looking for 10 seeds of each. Thanks.

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »
Peony seeds, especially of P. rockii are too large to 'hide' them in a letter Duff, otherwise I would give you some.
Because of the necessary Small Lot of Seeds permit they would confiscate them at customs. Maybe you can find someone else from US to exchange with.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

GordonT

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 04:54:44 PM »
The rockii peonies pictured below were especially fertile this year, having produced two bags of fresh seed from the plants. I now have 748 grams of seed from the pink form, and almost 140 grams of seed from the white one. Although these two plants grow beside each other, I suspect seed from the pink form will probably produce similar coloured offspring, as it was the first to come into bloom. Seed from the white form could produce intergrades between the two.

If anyone is interested in seed, please send me a PM.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:18:19 PM by Maggi Young »
Southwestern Nova Scotia,
Zone 6B or above , depending on the year.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal