We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Live Meetings over internet, a chance for oversee members?!  (Read 1719 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Live Meetings over internet, a chance for oversee members?!
« on: February 07, 2021, 09:55:29 PM »
Dear all
I Attended a nice talk in our garden society. Nice to hear it at home even if no lottery or cake.
This time the event would have happened only 20km from me but I realised it could have been far away.
Is there any plan to have live botanical talks in SRGC? It would then be possible for member to hear more lecturer than normal if you do not live in the country

If these meetings/ lectures already happens and I missed it, I would be interested to know where to find more information
This nasty COVID may give us new opportunities to meet without being in place.

Kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Live Meetings over internet, a chance for oversee members?!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:07:13 PM »
We're working on that, Joakim - in the meantime, contact RichardGreen(AT)aol.com for advice  :D

See also this thread : https://www.srgc.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18131.0
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Live Meetings over internet, a chance for oversee members?!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 07:00:51 PM »
Thanks for the information Maggi. I saw the title of the tread and thought it was last autumn and that there would not be any new ones there. Hopefully it will and if so maybe rename so people see the opportunity in spring/ winter 2021. And yes times may be awkward for those in a different time zone but still easier than to travel to a talk.

Hope more groups are doing the live web talks and by that also delight others outside the group but still within SRGC. It can be a nice opportunity or alternative to looking at YouTube for recorded talks.
I will contact Richard and hope new events will happen and that I will be able to attend
Thanks for the information and best wishes from a snowy Sweden
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal