We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Dwarf Campanula  (Read 2041 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Dwarf Campanula
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »
I have been in correspondence with John Forrest in respect of a dwarf Campanula he bred and named for his late brother 'Edward Forrest'. Unfortunately John had lost his plants and I have not been able to find a plant in the  commercial market. John was good enough to tell me that he bred the plant from a seedling produce from a cross between C. betulifolia and C. troegerae but so far I have not been able to find seed of either.

If anyone does have spare seed available from C. betulifolia and C. troegerae I would very much welcome a pinch of each please. 
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
Re: Dwarf Campanula
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
Hi David !
I have C. betulifolia in bud right now. I would hope to have some seed later on....   I don't grow C. troegerae.

Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »
Luc, thank you very much indeed, that is one part of the problem solved.

By the way I sowed some of the Degenia velebitica seed, you were kind enough to send me, on 21 February, and now have a dozen seedlings about 1 inch high (can't get the hang of cm.- it's another 'Islander' thing!)
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
I'll keep in touch when the C. seed is ready David !

Good news on the Degenica - my mother plant has'nt survived winter (I think they're short lived) - but it self seeded and several young plants (abt 1" high) are taking in it's space  :)
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal