We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Corydalis 2020  (Read 3548 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Corydalis 2020
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »
A couple of Corydalis here that are missing labels. I suspect the blue one might be difficult to name but the purple one might be easier?

666541-0

666543-1
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Carolyn

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:59 PM »
David,

I think the one with the yellow foliage is "Berry Exciting", which I keep losing over the winter. I have now given up trying it.
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 06:10:02 PM »
Thanks Carolyn, I don't remember buying that one though!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 07:07:15 PM »
Corydalis marschalliana from Leonid Bondarenko is a bit different than C.marschalliana 'Crimea', and it flowers a little later, but they are not growing side by side so it is difficult to say why the different flowering time.
C.solida 'Firebird' is a good one, too.
Leena from south of Finland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 01:10:50 PM »
A couple of Corydalis here that are missing labels. I suspect the blue one might be difficult to name..............

I'm now fairly certain that this is Corydalis 'Wildside Blue'?

666957-0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:12:45 PM by David Nicholson »
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Leena

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2020, 07:22:36 PM »
Corydalis nobilis is flowering now. It is a big plant, but goes underground soon after flowering so it doesn't take room later in the summer.

Leena

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »
Blue flowering bulbous Corydalis haven't been easy to grow for me, I have lost many, but now there are some flowering. :)
C.turtschaninovii 'Eric the Red' lives but hasn't multiplied at all in over five years.
This C.turtschaninovii in the second picture is doing better, it's place has more moist and humus.
The third picture is of a plant I bought as C.fumariifolia ssp fumariifolia, but it is flowering at the same time as C.turtschaninovii, so I'm not sure what it is. It has more divided leaves though.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal