We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wyche & Colwall Horticultural Society-6th July  (Read 1142 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Wyche & Colwall Horticultural Society-6th July
« on: June 29, 2020, 12:35:49 PM »
Wyche & Colwall Horticultural Society are  holding    Zoom meeting  with Speaker  Ross Barbour on July 6th - they have  publicised the  meeting  details along  with  access notes so we  are  able  to join them to hear  Ross speak on " Gardening  for  Tomorrow"

https://wychecolwallhorticulturalsoc.wordpress.com/2020/06/29/july-meeting-is-on-zoom-gardening-for-tomorrow/

f you haven’t already used Zoom as a means of staying in touch with family, friends or work colleagues over the lockdown period, it is easy to download for free onto a lap-top, computer, iPad or smartphone.
 7.20pm for a 7.30pm start on 6th July - see the  Hort. Soc. webpage  for  details.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: Wyche & Colwall Horticultural Society-6th July
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
Unfortunately where links are public please be aware that the event may be 'zoombombed' with disgusting white-supremacist & antisemitic material, as I experienced recently while taking part in a grass ID workshop >:(
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 03:29:13 PM »
Unfortunately where links are public please be aware that the event may be 'zoombombed' with disgusting white-supremacist & antisemitic material, as I experienced recently while taking part in a grass ID workshop >:(
Good grief, that's not  good.  Come  to think of  it, I have  heard  about  such things - so many  horrible  people about, and  they seem  to be  increasing in number.

I've  edited my  earlier  post  so it  takes  a  visit to the  Wyche & Colwall Horticultural Society website  to find the  connection details. Don't  want  to add  to any  possible  trouble.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:31:47 PM by Maggi Young »

Ross Barbour

• Old Court Nurseries and The Picton Garden
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »
Do not worry, it's a muted talk (unfortunately, love a bit of interaction) so no chance of idiots crashing in.
Still trying to thrash out Zoom and transfer data to Helen's Laptop coz mine is archaic.........

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »
Do not worry, it's a muted talk (unfortunately, love a bit of interaction) so no chance of idiots crashing in.
Still trying to thrash out Zoom and transfer data to Helen's Laptop coz mine is archaic.........
Am looking forward very  much to it, Ross!  Good luck with the  technology - all adds to the  fun, eh? !!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 09:01:38 PM »
Very much enjoyed the talk, Ross- very  kind  of the  W & Colwall society to allow  guests to join in.  Thanks  to you too for  your  presentation.

Ross Barbour

• Old Court Nurseries and The Picton Garden
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 06:27:09 AM »
Thanks a lot Maggi.
It was an unusual way to give a talk and very dry but seemed to go well. I do worry that we're going to loose some of our clubs and societies by the time we get through the worst of this difficult situation, many were struggling already.
All the best to you both

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal