Specific Families and Genera > Primula

Primula Wharfedale Series

(1/3) > >>

Rupert:
I am trying to grow all the Wharfdale series of Primulas and so far I have got Bluebell, Buttercup, Gem, Lavender, Superb and Village. I know that there is also Ballerina and Sunshine, but does anyone have a definitive list, or know of any others and their location please?

Pennine Wanderer:
Try Hartside

David Nicholson:
The Wharfedale series were originally bred by   Alec Stubbs who lived in Grassington, Wharfedale, in the Yorkshire Dales. I think, but am not sure, that they were bred in the 1970's or perhaps the 80's. There are two people who might have some further information. The first is Terry Mitchell who is the Secretary of The Northern Section of The Auricula and Primula Society and he can be contacted at zen142210@zen.co uk  he lives, I think in Ossett which is not all that far from the Yorkshire Dales.The other is Secretary of the Midlands and West Section of NAPS at neiltyess@btinternet.com  .

shelagh:
I remember Alec well selling his Primulas out of the back of his van in the car park at Shows.

Margaret Thorne:
We still have "Wharfedale Ling", purchased in March 1997 for £2 and our very ancient copy of 'The Plantfinder' lists "Gem", "Superb" and "Village".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version