We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: September 2019 in the Southern Hemisphere  (Read 7762 times)

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
Re: September 2019 in the Southern Hemisphere
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »
Dave, thank you for showing your beautiful Trillium's! I have only light colors of Trillium rivale.
Belgium

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2019, 12:34:00 AM »
Toolie the trilliums are marvellous.  Especially the purple-leafed ones - spectacular.

Thanks Jacqui

I think the dark leafed one is of Australian descent.

Dave, thank you for showing your beautiful Trillium's! I have only light colors of Trillium rivale.

Thanks Herman there are a multitude of different coloured petal forms of T.rivale being cultivated here in NZ ,some vary considerably in the size of the petal .

Cheers Dave.

Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

GordonT

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2019, 06:29:15 PM »
Dave, I am envious of your collection of Trillium rivale. Perhaps one year a seed or two will finally germinate successfully... it isn't for lack of trying. Nice to see them!
Southwestern Nova Scotia,
Zone 6B or above , depending on the year.

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2019, 12:52:40 AM »
Ò
Dave, I am envious of your collection of Trillium rivale. Perhaps one year a seed or two will finally germinate successfully... it isn't for lack of trying. Nice to see them!

Thanks Gordon.
Fresh seed is best and in our conditions numerous seedlings appear around the parent plants.

Cheers .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:54:28 AM by t00lie »
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal