We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Raoulia eximia  (Read 1640 times)

piotr sw

Raoulia eximia
« on: July 18, 2019, 05:07:51 PM »
I have problem to find good information about cultivation Raoulia eximia. Could somebody send any link or tell general rules?
The most important information for me is what is minimum and maximum temperature, and what is optimal temperature during
growing season. Perhaps grows around some small city and I could check climate of this place?

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Raoulia eximia
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Hello welcome to the Forum, you have picked a challenging plant to try and grow and I will try and give you some guidance.
648736-0
I cannot say what the minimum and maximum temperatures it can tolerate are but I have grown a number of plants in pots kept under glass in our cool Scottish garden. There they would have been exposed to winter temperatures down to at least - 12C and summer temperatures in the glasshouse up to 30C. I would say the most  important thing is to keep it moist at all times especially during the growing season.

I did this by breaking the commonly given advice that you should not to water over head, I always watered this way making sure that the plant never dried out - for this to work it is essential to have a well drained potting medium.

Good luck.

Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

piotr sw

Re: Raoulia eximia
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »
Ian, many thanks for your reply! Now everything is much more clear. I cultivate some cacti from high Andes and they need very similar treatment.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal