Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

My Bit of Heaven - by Kristl Walek

<< < (3/229) > >>

Kristl Walek:
I was quite surprised today to find Trillium erectum flowering yet T. grandiflorum not even near bloom. It is surely a mixed up spring here...

Maggi Young:
What great reds these are, Kristl  8)

Paddy Tobin:
Kristi,

By coincidence, Trillium erectum has just come into flower here (south of Ireland) also. However, a peculiarity of our plant here is that it was purchased, I think, four years ago and did not make an appearance above ground until this year and now it has flowered. Peculiar!

I am a lover of the North American woodland plants. William Cullina's book on N.A. wildflowers had been a favourite read since publication. Also, I have a friend in Maryland who is very keen on woodland natives.

Paddy

Kristl Walek:
And here is Uvularia grandiflora, the Greater Bellwort, which has braved this current dip in temperatures to show it's pretty, pretty face. One of my favorites.

The variegated clone is a plant I found in the wild years ago, which I have been intending to get into tissue culture.

Lastly is Uvularia sessiliflora, a smaller-flowered, more delicate thing, which has not yet opened here, but I thought to put it here for comparison. It is rare in the wild here.

Maggi Young:
More gems, Kristl, we're having a lovely time strolling around your property with you, thanks!

Have you seen this thread?....http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1714.0    you may be able to help out there  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version