We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sad news of the Death of Dieter Schacht  (Read 1018 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Sad news of the Death of Dieter Schacht
« on: February 24, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »
This sad information has come from Jim Jermyn, a great friend of the  Schacht family.

"Dieter Schacht, sadly passed away this morning after a short illness. He is seen here with his father Wilhelm in the Schachen Garden where he was Curator for many years. Like his father, he was one of the world’s greatest Alpinists as well as his vast knowledge of plants in general. He enjoyed retirement in Bavaria after serving as Curator of the Alpine Department in the Munich Botanic Garden. I am one of the many privileged students taught by Dieter, however in my case he became a very close friend and I believe much of my knowledge has been gained in his company in various locations in the European Alps. His photography, like that of his father’s is legendary. He is survived by his two sons and a dear friend Lena, we will all miss his warmth, humility and fine cuisine!
Jim Jermyn" 

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Sorry to hear this news - we send sincere condolences to the family and friends of  Dieter.

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal