We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS plant shows not so far from home? (north France)  (Read 1682 times)

Véronique Macrelle

AGS plant shows not so far from home? (north France)
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:51:36 AM »
 AGS  plant show
20 Avril
Kent Show (Sutton Valence School, ME17 3HL)
:

On the AGS website, I saw this event happening in Kent, not so far from home ..
Where can I find more information about this show? time, content, ...

you have to book the crossing of the sleeve early enough to benefit from attractive rates.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: AGS plant shows not so far from home? (north France)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »
The full details of all AGS shows are certainly not  easily available at the moment on the AGS site -  from this  page https://www.alpinegardensociety.net/shows-events/  it seems  possible to get some details - which may be enough to help you, Véronique - although at the moment I  cannot get the site to load  more than the first page there to get me through the  list of  shows to find more information about that Kent Show.

This link does at least give a list of all shows on one page - though details are minimal: https://www.alpinegardensociety.net/show-schedule/

I believe the  AGS staff are back at Pershore now, so you may be able to find out more by  contacting them.
 Email :  ags@alpinegardensociety.net
Telephone:   +44 (0) 1386 554790
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »
The AGS re-branded themselves recently.  As a side-effect, a lot of useful information that used to be available from local AGS groups is not available.
Almost in Scotland.

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:27:05 AM »
AGS  plant show:

On the AGS website, I saw this event happening in Kent, not so far from home ..
Where can I find more information about this show? time, content, ...

you have to book the crossing of the sleeve early enough to benefit from attractive rates.

I've not been baptised Channel hopper by Maggi just like that  :P  I visit Kent and Harlow shows almost every year in a one day hop.

Adrian.Cooper@agsgroups.org
this is the e-mail address of Adrian Cooper, show secretary of the Kent show in Sutton Vale - he's a very helpful man and I'm sure he'll give you all the details you need and want.  The location is quite easy to find.

See you there maybe !
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
thank you

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »
If you are a member of the  Flemish Rock Garden Club - VRV Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging - you may still be able to book a place  on their trip to the  AGS Harlow Show  : https://www.vrvforum.be/?p=5387

As they say : "As already mentioned in our magazine, the VRV will again  step out in 2019. After the success of the Netherlands trip in 2017 it was not easy to find another destination as worthy successor. In the end we believe that we have succeeded ... We want to take you to the "Walhalla" for rock plant enthusiasts, because this time we are going to the Alpine Garden Society "Early Spring Show" in Harlow (UK) on March 2nd. For all rock plant fanatics (and that's all of us), it is definitely a unique opportunity to attend such an event, and perhaps the last chance to take plants to Belgium or the Netherlands before the Brexit. Departure in Ghent at approx. 06.00 on 02.03.2019 with a comfortable bus.

A second pick-up point in Beernem around 06.35 is foreseen.
    By bus on the shuttle train via the canal tunnel from Calais to Folkestone (like last time)
    Arrival in Harlow approx. 10.30 am (English time!) - free stay in the sales area.
    Show opens for a visit at 12.30
    Departure from Harlow approx. 3 pm
    Arrival Gent around 9.30 pm

Price ! Like last time, we want to offer you this trip as cheaply as possible.

The price will be 45 €.

Starting today you can make a reservation, by giving the names of the participants and the boarding point to Filip Wauters reisverantwoordelijke@vrvforum.be and by paying the amount of € 45 per participant on the IBAN number BE 63 7340 1078 6308 (BIC address KRED BE BB) from the VRV, stating the names of the participants.

Registrations will close on January 31, 2019."

Loosely translated, but I hope you get the rough meaning. 
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »
Of course !!!! Why didn't I think of that Maggi !!  ::)  You're incredible, thanks so much.  :-*

@ Veronique ; we also have some places on our bus for non VRV members.
If you are interested, plse contact me through : info@vrvforum.be - I'll be glad to help.

Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:01 AM »
thank you Luc, I sent you an email ...
 I am very happy to meet the VRV :)

Yann

• Journal Access Group
  • Growing and collecting plants since i was young
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 09:26:15 PM »
may Luc be our bus driver  ;)
North of France

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal