We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 2332 LILIUM souliei, aff. pale pink 30cm  (Read 1475 times)

arisaema

2332 LILIUM souliei, aff. pale pink 30cm
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:35:04 AM »
This one is on the new seed list, and has me intrigued - does anyone have more information?

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: 2332 LILIUM souliei, aff. pale pink 30cm
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »
Have sent query to   Ian and Carole Bainbridge, who compile the list.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

arisaema

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 06:53:44 AM »
Thank you, Maggi!  :) I'm a little curious if it might be one of mine that I still haven't seen in flower, or perhaps one of Yijia Wang's collections from Tibet.

bainbridges

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:26 AM »
Hi there

We're sorry but we have no more information than that.  We vaguely remember receiving the seed, as we were somewhat intrigued as well, but we cannot check who the donor was.  As we get almost 7500 packets of seed donated by over 350 donors we do not keep a full list of who-donated-what, and it's impossible to check a name like that, and the seed is away for packeting now.

Why not just order a packet and see what happens?  That's always part of the fun of the seed ex!

Happy seeding, with best wishes

Ian and Carole Bainbridge - Seed Reception

arisaema

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:08:31 AM »
Thank you for the feedback, it's an incredibly impressive list - keeping track of all those packets is a feat I doubt I'd be able to do. Maybe the donor will see this post, and if not I certainly hope those that see this post order it and let us have a picture!  ;D

(I would have loved to be able to grow it, but I've killed even subtropical lilies on my balcony here in balmy Chengdu...)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal