Bulbs > Bulbs Wanted

Trollius lilacinus, Cremanthodium brunneopilosum, Saussurea involucrata

<< < (2/5) > >>

Lesmona:

--- Quote from: Steve Garvie on November 23, 2018, 10:45:50 PM ---Hi Ole,

Cremanthodium germinate best from fresh seed. When sown in the Autumn and exposed to winter cold germination occurs with rising Spring temperatures.

Bjørnar Olsen and August Wu offer a good range of Cremanthodium. Last year they offered seed of Saussurea involucrata, Trollius lilacinus and 5 different collections of Cremanthodium.
Here is their website:  http://chinesealpines.com

--- End quote ---

Hi Steve,

thank you for the tip. I visited chinesealpines.com, there are given informations like W/O-7114, W/O-7113, W/O-7115. Is that the location or altitude? What is the difference between seeds of the same species from W/O-7113 and W/O-7115? Do the plants looks different or does it have a different frost hardness??

Ole

arisaema:

--- Quote from: Lesmona on December 01, 2018, 03:34:27 PM ---What is the difference between seeds of the same species from W/O-7113 and W/O-7115? Do the plants looks different or does it have a different frost hardness??

--- End quote ---

Since I'm the O in W/O I guess I can answer... ;) Those numbers are just collection numbers, click on the name and you'll get more information about locations and altitudes. The pictures of C. rhodocephalum are from Xiaoxueshan, I haven't seen those on Daxueshan in flower but I highly doubt there's much difference among them. At 4000m+ altitude they will be bone hardy, I would be more worried about heat tolerance.

We have Trollius lilacinus (as Hegemone lilacina) and Saussurea involucrata listed this year as well, the seeds are bought (rather expensively) from a collector in Xinjiang, but guaranteed true to name.

Lesmona:

--- Quote from: arisaema on December 01, 2018, 03:54:03 PM ---Since I'm the O in W/O I guess I can answer... ;) Those numbers are just collection numbers, click on the name and you'll get more information about locations and altitudes. The pictures of C. rhodocephalum are from Xiaoxueshan, I haven't seen those on Daxueshan in flower but I highly doubt there's much difference among them. At 4000m+ altitude they will be bone hardy, I would be more worried about heat tolerance.

We have Trollius lilacinus (as Hegemone lilacina) and Saussurea involucrata listed this year as well, the seeds are bought (rather expensively) from a collector in Xinjiang, but guaranteed true to name.

--- End quote ---

Hi Arisaema, thanks for the informations. Do you have plants of of Saussurea involucrata and Trollius lilacinus too?

Ole

arisaema:

--- Quote from: Lesmona on December 01, 2018, 10:38:01 PM ---Hi Arisaema, thanks for the informations. Do you have plants of of Saussurea involucrata and Trollius lilacinus too?

--- End quote ---

Only seeds, even if we had a supplier of cultivated stock (we don't), these just wouldn't do well bare-rooted and shipped across two continents...

Steve Garvie:
Hi Bjørnar,
Can I ask you about the difference between your collected Lilium georgei and Yijia Wang’s Lilium saccatum? Are these one and the same species or do you think they are different? On the map the collection sites appear to be over 1800km apart by road (with part of North-east India and Myanmar in between as the Raven flies).

Yijia’s Tibetan collection of “SACCATUM?/PARADOXUM?” looks interesting. Is there any further info on this?

Is there any prospect of more L. yapingense seed in the future?

Sorry for the inquisition!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version