Bulbs > Bulbs Wanted

Trollius lilacinus, Cremanthodium brunneopilosum, Saussurea involucrata

<< < (5/5)

Steve Garvie:
Merry Christmas Thomas,

I find that Cremanthodium seed is best sown as fresh as possible. The seed does not seem to be viable if stored for long periods but does not need GA3 treatment. Sow the seed now in a gritty well-drained compost. Germination occurs with rising Spring temperatures.

Our maritime winters here are getting milder but we still get intermittent hard frosts. This is a problem as a mild spell in January can encourage some seed to germinate -only for the seedlings to be killed by the next hard frost. Keeping the seed in a frost-free greenhouse is the way to go as long as you keep the seedlings cool (too warm they become leggy and prone to Botrytis).

The winter here has been mild so far and already I have had some Cyananthus and Himalayan Androsace seeds germinate.

Leucogenes:
Merry Christmas to you, too... Steve.

Thank you for a quick and helpful answer. I will start the second round of this year's sowing season in the next few days. I don't think my place will be enough this year either. (Picture )🤔

We also wait for colder temperatures here. At the moment it is relatively mild and very rainy. As soon as we have snow here, I cover the sowing with it. So in spring I simulate the snow melting. Works pretty well...

Best wishes
Thomas

Maggi Young:

--- Quote from: Leucogenes on December 24, 2018, 11:15:51 AM ---
On this way I would like to send my best greetings and wishes for Christmas to everyone here...especially of course to Maggi and the team.

Thomas

--- End quote ---

Thank you Thomas!  All best wishes  from Fred, Maggi and Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version