We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: olearia henry travers  (Read 1899 times)

ian mcdonald

olearia henry travers
« on: August 20, 2018, 09:01:38 PM »
I have been trying to find a nursery who can supply Olearia Henry Travers. One nursery owner flatly refused to sell me one, "not a hope" was his retort when I picked one to purchase and told him where I live. One wonders how long small nurseries will survive when they refuse to sell the plants they grow. Is this plant available in the UK? According to the RHS climate zones I am in the same zone as the far south and the far north west coasts. Maybe if plants were distributed more widely their chance of remaining viable in the UK would increase, not decrease? Does anyone know of a supplier of this extremely rare plant. The Plant Finder is not much help.

majallison

Re: olearia henry travers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
I saw some for sale at Panglobal Plants, Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire, a week or two ago; I think he does mailorder.
Malcolm A.J. Allison, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
http://www.malcolmallisonplants.com/

Carolyn

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »
I bought one from Cally Gardens last year, planted it out this spring and lost it in the drought.....
Kevin Hughes has taken over Cally now and has been busy propagating all sorts of things - this may be among them,  if you are lucky.
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

ian mcdonald

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »
Thanks Carolyn, no reply from cally though.

ian mcdonald

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »
Malcolm, panglobal costs are too high with minimum order being £20 plus £25 postage.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal