We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ephemeral seeds  (Read 1218 times)

kris

Ephemeral seeds
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »
If some one has any ephemeral seeds  of spring  flowering buttercups /Ranunculacea  (very short ones) and Paraquilegea seeds can they please send me some.
Kris 
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Ephemeral seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 07:29:24 AM »
My observation is that spring flowering buttercups will grow very short if in grown amongst grass that is regularly mown and very tall if grown amongst long meadow grasses.  Ranunculus bulbosus grows plentifully in the verges around where I live but at this time of year the the local council workmen are busy cutting the grass and that's the end of the buttercup flowers.  Although the buttercups are still in full flower when cut, I guess mowing still spreads enough viable seed for them to survive.
Almost in Scotland.

kris

Re: Ephemeral seeds
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »
Hi Alan I think this may be too late to ask for  buttercup. I love them and they are so cute. I have Rananculus  karelinii and Rananculus motnana  and they are beautiful yellow.
Kris
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal