We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cornwall Spring Flower Show 5 April 2008  (Read 2452 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Cornwall Spring Flower Show 5 April 2008
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »
Nice bright day today although a cold wind so we took a trip to the annual Cornwall Spring Flower Show held on the Boconnoc Estate near Lostwithiel, about an hours drive from home.

Good range of trade stands so the Nicholson fortune was further eroded. The Show centres on Daffodils and Camellias and most of these are shown as stems or flower heads. a few pics to follow.

The first three are of the trade display of Daffodils entered by R A Scamp Daffodils http://www.qualitydaffodils.com/index.php  Very colourful.

The next couple are for Maggi, avery nice Camellia japonica 'Lavinia Maggi'

Followed by a couple of Narcissus 'Mena Hay' which I took a shine to.

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Cornwall Spring Flower Show 5 April 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
Final few from the Cornwall Spring Flower Show:-

a nice little Narcissus rupicola.

Narcissus 'Scilly White' which I also liked a lot.

Narcissus 'Arish Mell' I liked this a lot as well.

and to finish one just for Lesley. You grow 'em Lesley, we'll split the transport costs, I'll sell them and at these prices we'll make a killing! ;D

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
I hardly need to bother growing them David. On Saturday at the Market one plant seller had good plants (the leaves about 6-8 cms across) for $1.50 each. That's about 60p in UK money. So how many do you want to start with?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »
Lesley, I thought you would like those prices-and they were going like hot cakes ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
On the whole I'd rather have a hot cake....
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal