We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Poppy Seed  (Read 1359 times)

Tim Harberd

Poppy Seed
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
I started growing Icelandic Poppies again after a break of a couple of decades. P. nudicaule
They don't seem as big as I remember!
Then I discover... its not an illusion of time! There was a large flowered variety called 'Oregon Rainbow'.
Any clues on where I might find seed????

Tim DH

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
Re: Poppy Seed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
Hello Tim,
              I remembered seeing it somewhere last year in a catalogue that came through the door. I think it may have been Thomson and Morgan but they don't seem to list it at the moment. I found this link for Next Day Seeds. Never used or heard of them but might be worth a try. http://www.nextday-seeds.co.uk/acatalog/papaver_seeds_uk_flower_seed_thompson_and_morgan.html . Just wondering if they sell last years seed from companies online?

Hope it helps

Alasdair

Tim Harberd

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:56:47 PM »
Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for the link.... Why couldn't my search engine find that!

It doesn't seem possible to actually order the seed from that website at the present time! But it does at least prove that the strain is still around!!

Maybe I'll try again in a couple of months time........

Tim DH
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:58:33 PM by Tim Harberd »

arisaema

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:28:01 AM »
Looks like 'Oregon Rainbows' has disappeared completely, one of the seed wholesalers must have stopped growing it... (Sahin, maybe?) This strain looks nice, and appears to be fairly new: https://shop.floretflowers.com/products/iceland-poppies-sherbet-mix

Tim Harberd

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
Thanks Arisaema,
  I've decided to continue this thread on the Meconopsis Board since, when (hopefully) I want to post flower photos I guess that will be the best place for them to go.

Tim DH

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal