We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Spiranthes aestivalis  (Read 792 times)

Cephalotus

• My passion is nature.
Spiranthes aestivalis
« on: December 24, 2017, 01:13:30 AM »
Hello everyone,
I won't be able to show you any photos, because I couldn't find any. I am sincerely sorry for that, but you will have to believe my words on that. Spiranthes aestivalis can grow perfectly in a full sun in constantly humid/wet conditions and in a calcareous peat bog. Nothing special, I know unless I add that it can self sow itself too! To do that it needs only Primula farinosa as a companion! It germinates only in between its roots or very close by the clumps. I had such experience twice in two different peat bogs. I only had too little light at my peat bog, so in someone else's garden I made another one, but in full sun. I also planted Primula farinosa there and Spiranthes aestivalis, after four years, there were additional nine matured plants of S. aestivalis. I really wish I could show you photos, but for unknown reason I just did none. :/ The soil mix is simple peat: sand : calcareous rock with proportions around 1:1:1. You can use dolomite or marl rock to provide calcareous ions. You can now grow Spiranthes aestivalis same easily as Dactylorhiza majalis and Listera ovata. :) You now need just seeds and your years for your own matures Spiranthes aestivalis, have fun!
Best regards,
Chris Ciesielski
Zary, Poland

My photos: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/cephalotus/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal