We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus-yellow forms  (Read 1953 times)

Arda Takan

• Tulips and Frits.
Galanthus-yellow forms
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Hello people,
I want to know if any of you want to share-sell-any yellow snowdrops with me?
I live in Turkey and many nurseries don't send bulbs. I have never had problems to this day.
I can try seeds too. I don't know if they will end up yellow but it is ok for me.
Best regards
in Eskisehir / Turkey

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Galanthus-yellow forms
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »
Unfortunately I think there may be legal restrictions on sending bulbs from within the European Union to countries outside such as Turkey (for the present the UK is inside the European Union).  For example, I understand that sending bulbs for the UK to the USA requires that the bulbs have a phytosanitary certificate and to get one then the soil where the bulbs have been grown must pass an inspection.  Ironically, snowdrops are subject to CITES regulations because of the very large numbers that were being exported from Turkey in the past.     
Almost in Scotland.

Arda Takan

• Tulips and Frits.
Re: Galanthus-yellow forms
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:43:25 AM »
I am having problems sending bulbs outside Turkey but never had problem recieving them.
As long as they are labeled as gifts no problem occurs.
in Eskisehir / Turkey

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal