We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Narcissus April 2008  (Read 17495 times)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Re: Narcissus April 2008
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
Hi Lovely narcissus in the many threads.
I have now read them all and also been able to take some pics of our common newly planted narcissus. Planted in January/february after being bought at 1€ per 30 of mixes at Lidl. I like that they try to bring plants to the big public that does not have a nursery around and that they take the bulbs away when they are totally dead and does not just leave them there and hope that someone will by them in june when they are stone dead. I think that is a reason why there is less bulbs in Portuguese gardens than could (should) be. People by dead ones and are disappointed that they do not show. They pay FULL price for the dead bulbs.

Anyway I am happier with the bulbs this year and think that they are better grown in the ground rather than in pots unless taken very well care of and here they are left to there own.

-First an bad overview to see how it was planted and also show a little of the size differences. The only different one is also facing the other direction so it is not as easily spotted as otherwise.
-Then cream white 30-40 cm
-Size comparison between the yellow and the cream yellow
-Yellow
-Cream Yellow
-White with yellow trumpet mini.

Kind regards
Joakim

Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Narcissus April 2008
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
It looks like you got some good ones in your mixture, Joakim.
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal