We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Iris aphylla  (Read 1660 times)

James Cheshire

Iris aphylla
« on: September 17, 2017, 03:02:16 AM »
I would like to acquire some seeds of Iris aphylla. I don't care about the variety, as long as they're the true species. I think I have a lot to offer in exchange. :)

James
James M. Cheshire - Granville, Ohio, USA - zone 6a.

Karaba

• My 2015-2016 seed list (in french)
Re: Iris aphylla
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
I had few seeds last year but don't remember to get some this year (too dry and in late spring). I hope to get a few next year, if you can wait ...

I have Iris perrieri from french Alps. I think that it is still a synonym of Iris aphylla.
Yvain Dubois - Isère, France (Zone 7b)  _ south east Lyon

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:58 AM »
I had few seeds last year but don't remember to get some this year (too dry and in late spring). I hope to get a few next year, if you can wait ...

I have Iris perrieri from french Alps. I think that it is still a synonym of Iris aphylla.

Iris aphylla s.l. includes quite few others but no perrieri Yvain, as to my knowledge. I understand work is done to clarify this group.
I have sowings labeled as I. furcata/I. aphylla s.l., hope by the time they germinate I'll know how to call them.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Karaba

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:43:47 AM »
I had a look : Iris perrieri was a synonym of aphylla at least in french flora and for quite a long time. Now, perrieri is consider as a valid species restricted to the french Alps and italian Piemont. aphylla is an eastern species and I don't have it. If James find some seeds, I would be interested : I would like to make an european species Iris collection  ;D

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
I had a look : Iris perrieri was a synonym of aphylla at least in french flora and for quite a long time. Now, perrieri is consider as a valid species restricted to the french Alps and italian Piemont. aphylla is an eastern species and I don't have it. If James find some seeds, I would be interested : I would like to make an european species Iris collection  ;D

That some sort of 'antique' french flora? :D (joke!!!)
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Karaba

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »
Before 2015, we used to use the "quatre flores de France" (Fournier, 1947) and the Flore de Coste (1900-1906) (or the flore complète de Bonnier, 1908). Yeah, these were antique french flora  ;D But now, we have "Flora gallica" (http://www.biotope-editions.com/index.php?article146/flora-gallica-flore-de-france), an new flora, not easy to use but complete with lots of reference and a taxonomy up-to-date, much more thant the Plant List  :P

James Cheshire

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »
Interesting discussion! If I find a seed source I will reply here with the details. I know a nursery that has Iris aphylla, but it's just a single clone. I would prefer some of that seed-grown variation. :)

James
James M. Cheshire - Granville, Ohio, USA - zone 6a.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal