We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ranunculus calandrinioides seedlings  (Read 878 times)

robg

Ranunculus calandrinioides seedlings
« on: September 16, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
I've just been passing my ramshackle outdoors collection of seed pots and noticed a new something !! 

Two seedlings of R Calandriniodes, sown seemingly in 2011 ;D  I've no evidence either way of whether these have taken 6 years to germinate, I've just not noticed or if I thought without checking that they were R parnassifolius.  I would be tempted to think the first or last, but then isn't this the wrong time of year for R.P ?

A posting from 2009 seems to suggest letting them be for the moment but look to a well drained bed or large pot in due course.  I'm near Edinburgh.

Thanks for any advice
Rob

Rob Graham, Edinburgh

Mark Griffiths

Re: Ranunculus calandrinioides seedlings
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:21 PM »
I always thought they'd be difficult to germinate but also I have some from seed.

I think it was old seed as I tend to double sow - so I had to separate them out from some Cyclamen seedlings. So I'm guessing they took about 2 years to appear at least.

Mine are in pots - I think they flowered in their second year. Mine have been up for a month or two which is probably a bit early but hopefully there will be flowers soon.
Oxford, UK
http://inspiringplants.blogspot.com - no longer active.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal