We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Meconopsis chelidonifolia  (Read 4013 times)

mickeymuc

Meconopsis chelidonifolia
« on: March 20, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone here experience with Meconopsis chelidonifolia ? I found this plant described in "The explorer's garden and was looking for it ever since, but it doesn't seem to be around.

Thank you !

Best regards from Munich,

Michael
Michael

Dettingen (Erms), southwest Germany
probably zone 7 but warm in summer....

SueG

Re: Meconopsis chelidonifolia
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
Hi Michael
I've grown and killed this - not an encouraging start I know  ::). My plant came from a garden a few miles away from me and I'm going to hope they have more plants this year. I think I killed it due to not keeping it moist enough while it established. I suspect from where it was growing that once established it is relatively tough but would be really interested if anyone else has any information about it.
Sue
Sue Gill, Northumberland, UK

mickeymuc

Re: Meconopsis chelidonifolia
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
Hi Sue !

Lucky you to live close to a source of this species ! If you appear to be there in summer, maybe you could ask for some seeds ? Would be great !
Anyway, good luck for your next try with a plant ! From what I've read this species does not seem to be very difficult, more like M. cambrica than like the blue ones.....

Michael
Michael

Dettingen (Erms), southwest Germany
probably zone 7 but warm in summer....

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal