We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus in March 2017  (Read 24777 times)

SusanH

Re: Galanthus in March 2017
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »
Hi Alan - thank you for your reply. Will wait and see what develops next year.
I really appreciate that you have taken the time to respond. I am new to this Snowdrop malarky and need to be kept on the straight and narrow!!!! Cheers.

Mariette

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:12 PM »
These are 'Jaquenetta' (right side) and 'Cordelia' (left), planted too close to each other.
If I didn't know they have flowered with normal green markings earlier, I would have been very happy to grow a new yellow snowdrop  ::), but the yellow is due to cold, I think.

Possibly not cold, but late and quick arrival. Normally, they´ll become green later during flowering time. Mine are sometimes displaced deeper in the ground by mice, and then they come up as "yellows" initially, too.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »
I have had also snowdrops coming up yellow if there had been too much mulch on top of them.
'Jaquenetta' and 'Cordelia' have been very similar for me, only this year some markings in 'Cordelia' are as they should be. Also 'Jaquenetta' comes up always a bit earlier than 'Cordelia' and J becomes taller when the flowering advances.
'Cordelia' came up this year only a couple of days behind J, both are now the among the earliest snowdrops this year, because they grow in the warmest spot. About half of my snowdrops are still just peaking from the ground and many don't show yet. This has been a very cold winter for them, so we'll see later if I have lost any.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal