We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Northern Ireland Daffodill Group winter show 2017  (Read 1331 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Northern Ireland Daffodill Group winter show 2017
« on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:39 PM »
Brian Duncan, perhaps the most famous of daffodil  enthusiasts and  breeders, has  kindly allowed me to share some photos here from the recent  NIDG ( Northern Ireland Daffodil Group ) show.
I include Brians' rather charming comments!

"At the Northern Ireland Daffodil Group winter show Anne Wright won the prize for the Best flower for the second year running. she also won Best snowdrop with a little greenie seedling and several other first prizes. If she keeps whopping me like this I'll not invite her back!!

A few pictures...firstly Anne's winning N. cantabricus (petunioides type) and my runner up seedling in the bulbo. class.
We had a lovely little show - took only 3 hours 10 minutes to set up, judge and take down! And there were many entries in all classes except for a couple. Come and join us sometime."

1, 2, 3 Anne Wright's beautifully formed N. cantabricus - top prizewinner at the NIDG winter show.

4, 5  N. cantabricus x N. hedraeanthus luteolentus seedling.

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Northern Ireland Daffodill Group winter show 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:13:17 PM »
Maria x N. triandrus lusitanicus - an attempt to get colour into miniature daffodils.

Maria x N. calcicola - again to get colour into miniatures. 

Winner, seedling class -  3927 N. 'Chas Warren' x N. cyclamineus

4, 5 Anne Wright's  new "greenie" galanthus seedling  3443

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal