We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Corydalis 2017  (Read 6452 times)

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
Re: Corydalis 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
Corydalis curviflora blue heron.

Cfred72

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 04:29:44 AM »
A Corydalis that deserves to be more cultivated. Who passes the frontiers of his native land. Which is offered for sale on the plant fairs this year at the castle of Berveelde in Lochristi in Belgium.
It's Corydalis 'Craigton Blue'

579025-0
Frédéric Catoul, Amay en Hesbaye, partie francophone de la Belgique.

Steve Garvie

• Rainbirder's photostream
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 08:33:32 AM »
Corydalis turtschaninovii -The last of the tuberous Corydalis to flower in the open garden.

Corydalis flexuosa Balang Mist
WILDLIFE PHOTOSTREAM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rainbirder/

Steve
West Fife, Scotland.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »
Corydalis 'Craigton Blue', a storming plant
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

rgc

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
Some pictures taken this morning.

1. Group, right to left, of Heavenly Blue and Craigton Blue near front and Spinners behind. Some more Craigton Blue and Spinners in the background. They have merged together. All do very well and easy to divide to produce more plantings.

2. Craigton Purple bought recently at the Perth show.

3. Vigorous plant bought as C. flexuosa - think from the society plant stall at an SRGC show. It is much bushier than my other corydalis - currently 30 inches tall. Have quite a few vigorous seedlings, but they have not yet flowered. Would appreciate advice on its identification.
Bob
Bob, Stirling

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »
I think C.  'Craigton Purple' will do well for you, Bob.  It makes quite a substantial plant with  good sized flower heads.  So far only MacPlants and Hartside have been given it to bulk up, so you're in the vanguard of growing it!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

rgc

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »
Hi
On 2nd June, I posted a picture of a very vigorous bushy blue Corydalis (now 80 cm tall) in my garden that was bought as C. flexuosa and asked if anyone could tell me anything about it.

It has seeded itself around. The seedlings in shady areas are bushy, while the self sown seedlings in open areas have very few basal leaves and quite a few long red stems, much thicker than anything that I have seen in the literature or the web and very different from my other corydalis. They have typical flowers that are purple in bud, but become bluer after they open. An example that has self seeded at the edge of the lawn is attached. (Not a site that I would have chosen, but have left it to see how it developed.) With the winds, a few of the stems have flopped to the ground, but then started growing vertically again. Have propped up stems in the picture with a couple of twigs.

The longest stem is 60 cm while others are 45 cm and still growing.

Grateful if anyone can give me any information on this.
Thanks Bob
Bob, Stirling

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
Corydalis elata
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

rgc

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »
Hi
I showed a scan of this corydalis (flexuosa??) on 2nd June. It is now past its best, but is still in flower and most of the leaves are still green while most of my others have died back or have yellowed leaves (although quite a few are showing fresh new green growth).

The plant is now 3ft high and there is a metal post and hoop deep within to ensure that it does not flop all over the place. Would really like to know its species and whether other people have such a vigorous blue corydalis. My Spinners and Craigton Blue both make reasonably sized plants and grow and flower well, but they are not nearly as vigorous as this one.
Bob
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:54:00 PM by rgc »
Bob, Stirling

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
Here are couple of Corydalis  from last May.
In the first picture on the left there is C.marschalliana 'Crimea' and on the right C.bracteata 'Marina', very similar looking plants from a distance but there are small differences. Both plants are tall and grow well for me.
In the second picture is 'Crimea' closer, I love it.
In the third picture there is Corydalis integra.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal