We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Compilation photos of Wild Iberian Narcissus 2016 by Fernando Ureña Plaza  (Read 2089 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Fernando Ureña Plaza looks forward with photos from the last year, to the coming season of Iberian Narcissus. He has kindly agreed to share these with the SRGC Forum - for which many thanks - this is how we can get  information to a large audience to encourage  interest in these plants.

Fernado writes:

Hello Friends!
   For several days now I have been publishing on Facebook different sheets with photographs of wild daffodils, which I consider to be of acceptable quality and/or show the floral variability in each of the populations visited. These are not all the taxa I have seen in habitat: to be consistent with the chosen format I have not included images of those of which I do not have enough material and, in addition, I thought it appropriate to stick as much as possible to the places visited this year . We will update it over time ... I still have many wonders of the genre to know in the field! That is why I want to gather in this pdf that I share with you all these sheets, in such a way that they are easily accessible.
  A few days ago I commented with a friend that the genus Narcissus has "something" that catches us and that no longer lets us loose; the beauty of the flowers, their diversity, even their mythological reminiscences ... and that those of us who live in the Iberian peninsula are fortunate to have within our reach almost all the diversity that the genre treasures. The "country of wild daffodils"!

I thank the always pleasant and enriching company in some of the expeditions that allowed me to photograph this jewelry to my friends: Alfredo Barra Lázaro, Enrique Triano, Javier López Tirado, Jesús Vílchez, Joaquín Ramírez López, Juan Luis Hervas, Julián Manuel Fuentes, Manuel Becerra Parra, Marisa Fernandez Carrillo, Pedro Escobar García and Rafa Díez Domínguez.

Fernado's photos are here in a large pdf (approx. 20Mb) :Compilation photos of Wild Iberian Narcissus 2016  by Fernando Ureña Plaza

Those of you with access to Facebook can see them  HERE

Just to tempt you to download the  file - here is a set of Narcissus elegans

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:42:57 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Compilation photos of Wild Iberian Narcissus 2016 by Fernando Ureña Plaza
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »
(Big sigh...) Oh, my - great photos. Wish I was there.
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

johnralphcarpenter

• Plantaholic
Re: Compilation photos of Wild Iberian Narcissus 2016 by Fernando Ureña Plaza
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
Wow, what an amazing resource!
Ralph Carpenter near Ashford, Kent, UK. USDA Zone 8 (9 in a good year)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal