We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: iris nusairiensis  (Read 3571 times)

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
iris nusairiensis
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:02:33 PM »
Looking for this one for ages! Can anybody help? Quite a lot of potential swaps in the line of Crocus, some other Iris, various other bulbs - alternatively, happy to buy bulbs or seeds.

Would love to hear of anything available.

Cheers,

Alex

Hannelore

• The World of Neomarica
Re: iris nusairiensis
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:50:22 AM »
Hello Alex,

the only thing I can offer you is a planlet of an undocumented mutation of cf. Neomarica candida

541174-0

Best wishes
Hannelore

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
Hi Hannelore,

Thank you, that's a lovely plant - however, I was looking specifically for Iris nusairiensis....sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

All the best,

Alex

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:00:55 AM »
I did have a seed-raised pure white form of nusairiensis at one stage and was able to give an offset to another Forumist in another country. I believe he still has his but mine is long gone I'm afraid. It never set seed and I don't thon the offset has done either. Sorry Alex.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Otto Fauser

• Bulb Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:00:24 AM »
Dear Lesley  ,   the offset of your I. nusairiensis is still alive and flowers most years but has so far refused to set seeds or make any offsets . Here is a photo from a few years ago.
Collector of rare bulbs & alpines, east of Melbourne, 500m alt, temperate rain forest.

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 10:10:09 PM »
No worries, Lesley. I wish I could even find seed. That white form is very beautiful for sure.

Cheers,

Alex

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 10:26:25 PM »
Alex, though it was a long time ago now, maybe 15 years or more, something vague in my memory is telling me that the seed came from John Richards, of Primula fame, though whether directly or through someone else, (maybe given to someone who shared it,) I don't know.
I do remember that it was assumed to be the blue and I was very surprised when it flowered white. Otto, it's lovely to see it again. So pleased it is hanging on for you. I suppose it needs another clone to pollinate it successfully.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

timothyloe

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »
Dear Alex,

I have a couple of pots of different clones of I. nusairiensis; depending how they do in the next couple of months I might well be able to let you have a bulb. PS that image of a white form of nusairiensis looks a little too robust for nusairiensis.  The clones I grow are small, tight plants.  Tim

Darren

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum Timothy,

If you are who I think you are then I still grow a number of Iris from back when you were selling seeds.

Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »
Hello Timothy,

Sorry to come to this late, I haven't checked in for a while. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Alex

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal