We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Meconopsis ?  (Read 2231 times)

jeandefrance

Meconopsis ?
« on: June 05, 2016, 11:21:43 AM »
Hello from France, with much rain ! here's a photo, perhaps meconopsis,  blue poppy but leaves not heary  !   your opinion please . Thanks very much !

Tristan_He

Re: Meconopsis ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »
Hello Jean,

I don't think that is a Meconopsis. Virtually all Himalayan Mecs have hairy (bristly even) leaves such that when you water them, it is repelled leaving water droplets sitting on the hairs.

Your plant looks like Digitalis purpurea. Sorry.

Tristan

jeandefrance

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply !  I am disappointed, the seed was in a sachet : Blue Poppy, coming from Les Jardins de Métis, Grand-Métis (Québec), where you can visit the "Garden of blue poppies "  : http://www.jardinsdemetis.com/francais/jardins/jardin-des-pavots-bleus.php  ...

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
Jean, if you would like it and are happy to send me your address by private message, I could send you some Meconopsis grandis seed right away. I have a lot and am packeting it up now for various things such as the seed exchange. It is a perennial form and though it took three years to bloom for me, the blue poppies were magnificent this last summer.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Tristan_He

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »
Thanks for your reply !  I am disappointed, the seed was in a sachet : Blue Poppy, coming from Les Jardins de Métis, Grand-Métis (Québec), where you can visit the "Garden of blue poppies "  : http://www.jardinsdemetis.com/francais/jardins/jardin-des-pavots-bleus.php  ...

Jean, likewise I have some M. baileyi seed left this year. It germinated very well this winter. PM me if interested.

Tristan

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal