Specific Families and Genera > Cacti and Succulents

Alpine Cacti- Winter Emergence

<< < (2/3) > >>

kirsitn:
Oh, well, it's good to know that I have something to look forward to when I retire in 30 years time...  :D

ChrisB:
They are quite extraordinary Kristl, will you be able to take some with you if you move, or don't they like being shifted around?

Maggi Young:
Hi, Kirstin, welcome to the Forum.  You are taking a sensible attitude to the wait ....after all, we are always being told to make forward plans for our retirement... and you did just that when you sowed the seed! 8)

kirsitn:
I have to admit I'm not always that patient...  ::) But having cacti surviving the winter outdoors in Norway is great fun even if I can't expect to see any flowers for a long time.

Completely off-topic question to Kristl: What is the name of the lovely purple fern on the front page of your website? (Below the Ampelopsis berries.)

ruweiss:
Hello Kristl, many thanks for these beautiful pictures of the hardy cactii, I was especially impressed
by the emerging Escobaria vivipara.For me it is marvelous how these plants can survive these cruel
conditions. I cultivate my small collection in pots and put them from october till february in my un-
heated Alpine house to protect them from the rain.Our winters are mostly too wet without snow
and these plants start to rot,but at springtime the enormous flowers are worth the effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version