We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Auricula 2016  (Read 4800 times)

Tristan_He

Re: Auricula 2016
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 06:57:46 PM »
532474-0

532476-1

I think these are 'Old Mustard'?

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
Looks very much likely.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Giles

• Prince of Primula
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »
Some auriculas that have been planted out in the garden for the past 5 yrs or so.
They do a lot better for me this way, and I've not lost a single one.
No problems with either vine weevil or root aphids.

Palustris

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 03:35:14 PM »
Any Auricula experts out there?
 Is this one sufficiently different to be worth giving a name to and propagating. Seed parent Exhibition Blue, open pollinated.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 08:44:01 PM »
Eric, the mechanism the National Auricula and Primula Society has to guard against the duplication of names and the naming of inferior plants seems to me to be a good one. Plants are entered in Shows as 'Seedling' and those the judges think are worthy of a winners card the grower is invited to name the plant. If you have a local Auricula grower I'm sure they would be prepared to give you an opinion on your plant.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Palustris

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
Nearest one that I know of is in Telford. But the show is in Solihull, the week after the AGS one. Would love to go, but could not manage both.
Ah well, will leave it just for my pleasure.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal