We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: DUNBLANE EARLY DWARF BULB DISPLAY 20/02/16  (Read 8850 times)

Cyril L

• "Squirrel"
Re: DUNBLANE EARLY DWARF BULB DISPLAY 20/02/16
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
Thank you all for the congratulations.  I felt very honoured and grateful to be the recipient of the Gold Forrest Medal from SRGC and Patrick Neill Medal from The Caley yesterday.  My thanks to Sandy and Anne for organising a super day.  With the lectures and so many entries (including many of Alan McMurtrie's irises) to the Joint Rock for awards, there was hardly any time left to meet people and see around the nursery plant stalls and the show.
Cyril
Scotland

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »
Hello many thanks to all for the super pictures, I am posting two more Eranthus Noel Ayres and Eranthus schwefelglanze a super peach clone name means sulphur glow, cheers Ian the Christie kind
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 09:28:39 PM »
Sandy Levens' report of Cyril's great day - and links to whole pdf, from this thread
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 12:15:59 AM »
How wonderful that Cyril won these beautiful medals or perhaps "earned" is a better word since "won" suggests luck whereas he has worked for many years to produce such thrilling plants and of such superb quality that he is the envy of, but more, the inspiration for every alpine gardener who aspires to a place at the top table for his or her plants. Cyril's skills are absolutely the tops and I can only be grateful that the photographic skills of SRGC members make the plants he shows available to be seen by me and others at the other side of the world.

Well done Cyril, very well done.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Cyril L

• "Squirrel"
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »
Lesley, thank you for these kind words.  Although it is a lot of work, as I said on Saturday, for all of us plant lovers, it is a labour of love.
Cyril
Scotland

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 01:11:57 PM »
I just want to say thank you to Sandy and his army of volunteers who help every year to make the day the huge success it always is. I think I look forward to this day more than any other in our calendar of events because for me it kick starts my gardening year and is a chance to catch up with everyone again. Cyril's awards were a special extra joy to the day, so richly deserved. I always stand in awe of his magnificent plants at shows I can get to, and having put in a few puny bits myself I understand a bit more how much effort goes into his exhibits. Also enjoyed the two morning talks and seeing the painstaking work put in by Mr McMurtrie over 30 years to produce his new Iris cultivars. Must get some this year!  Hope they make it to Australia Fermi, they are well worth growing and quite reasonably priced by Jacques Armand here too.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
Sandy Leven's report on the Early Bulb Day is now online :  HERE   8) 8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal