We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Correa pulchella  (Read 2014 times)

P. Kohn

Correa pulchella
« on: April 11, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
There appear to be a number of different colour forms in the UK (apparently there are more than thirty in Australia). Only two forms are listed in the Plant Finder. One is an orange flowered form and the other is sold by Aberconwy as 'Pink Mist'.

Scarlet forms were exhibited at the Chesterfield AGS Show but I have not been able to track down who showed them and they are not among the images from the show posted on the Forum.

Can anyone help with advice about suppliers or, perhaps cutting material for Judy Clark the National Collection holder.

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: Correa pulchella
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »
Sorry I can't help with forms but got several C. pulchella hybrids from Deelish.  They seem to sell out regularly but propagate more each year.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:06:57 PM »
I rather think it was Cecilia Coller who showed them but I don't think she does the forum.  If I see her at Knowle on Saturday I will take a note of names and ask where they came from.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

P. Kohn

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 03:24:53 PM »
Many thanks Shelagh and Ashley.

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »
Cecilia was not at Knowle on Saturday but this lovely little Correa was.  I enquired of the owners where they bought it and was told Cotswold plants a few years ago.  I have had a look at their website and they aren't offering any at present but Burncoose are and so I think are Aberconwy.  Hope this is of some help.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal