We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Lilium catesbaei wanted  (Read 2010 times)

richardmbunn

Lilium catesbaei wanted
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
Hi everyone. 

I've been looking for Lilium catesbaei bulbs or seeds for quite some time. I'm not sure if anyone here grows it but thought I'd put a shout out for it anyway.

If you have some available please send me message.

Many thanks.

Richard

richardmbunn

Re: Lilium catesbaei wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »
Or if anybody knows where in the EU I can get this species I would very much appreciate it. 

Many thanks.

pontus

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
Hello Richard,

To my knowledge this sp is not currently commercially grown,

it is so site specific as regards to its natural habitat of acidic bog that it is quite difficult to grow. It has been discussed that bulbs might be monocarpic, dying after flowering, leaving behind offsets and seed to carry on future generations.

it is however stunning and I have myself been trying to find bulbs/seeds for at least 10 years now without sucess, but if I do find any, I will let you know

Pontus

richardmbunn

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »
Thanks.

They grow with Sarracenia in the wild and I have a greenhouse full of Sarracenia so I was looking for some companion plants that grow with them in the wild.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal