We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New german snowdrop cultivar  (Read 20632 times)

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
Re: New german cultivar
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »
Maggi, can you tell most computer hardware and software design is done by men? It's like children's pushchairs - I always say, pushchairs (obviously designed by men) need both hands to unfold and lock in place ready for use, and they often won't fit in the boots of small cars; if they were designed by women, you could put them up with one hand (baby on other arm) and they'd fit in a handbag, never mind a car boot. I suspect computers designed by women would be the same - a few big buttons that let you do everything you want to do regularly with as little fuss as possible, and a mass of tiny little buttons down the side that do obscure techie stuff for the men to play with when they get bored with everything else working  simply and easily.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2008, 06:01:26 AM »
It's like children's pushchairs - I always say, pushchairs (obviously designed by men) need both hands to unfold and lock in place ready for use, and they often won't fit in the boots of small cars; if they were designed by women, you could put them up with one hand (baby on other arm) and they'd fit in a handbag, never mind a car boot.

Brilliant!   ;D
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2008, 07:44:55 AM »
Gerd, Kurt is the owner of  FEDERSCHWINGEN.

Thank you Hagen -                         Kurt Kleisa ?   ???

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2008, 10:44:31 AM »
Gerd, Kurt is the owner of  FEDERSCHWINGEN.
Thank you Hagen -                         Kurt Kleisa ?   ???
Gerd

Meanwhile it finally sunk in. I have got it, thanks.  ;)
Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal