We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Remarks from the Weekly KAVB Flower Show - Lisse  (Read 507765 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Re: Remarks from the Weekly KAVB Flower Show - Lisse
« Reply #1560 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Carex phyllocephala Sparkler  is difficult to find in N Ireland
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1561 on: October 17, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
We saw this Monday a nice selection of mostly newer Heuchera villosa hybrids.
Still one of the best and as I believe one of the first hybrids in this series is H. Caramel.

Heuchera Caramel
Heuchera Beaujolais                       
Heuchera Muscat
Heuchera Brown Sugar                     
Heuchera Polka                           
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1562 on: October 17, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
some more
Heuchera Vulcano                           
Heuchera Magnum                         
Heuchera Magnum cl                         
Heuchera Pretty Perrine                           
Heuchera Circus
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1563 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
There was more to see like Nerine's and other bulbous entries, but I just chose N. Zeal Giant:

Nerine Zeal Giant   

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #1564 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
The newer Heucheras are wonderfully coloured and are all available in local garden centres here, from greens and browns, limes, plums, scarlet, crimson, orange, gold - the lot and I admire them greatly yet I haven't bought any because I can't quite visualize how to plant them other than as coloured spots. I want to arrange some kind of integrated tapestry-like planting and as yet it hasn't hit me. Maybe there's too much colour. One of my most successful plantings has been a combination of Primula 'Wanda,' P. 'Jill,' (identical except the colour tends towards a dark indigo/blue shade and P. vulgaris 'Sibthorpii.' The 3 related shades on similar plants which have moved into each other are immensely satisfying.

While we've previously seen Albuca spiralis foliage on the Forum and been amazed by it, topped by the flowers it's a real sculpture. I love it. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:57:13 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #1565 on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
There was more to see like Nerine's and other bulbous entries, but I just chose N. Zeal Giant:

Nerine Zeal Giant

.... and originally bred here in Devon at Zeal Monachorum fairly close to the Garden House.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #1566 on: October 19, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »

.... and originally bred here in Devon at Zeal Monachorum fairly close to the Garden House.

Those Zeal plants always seem to be good ones.
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1567 on: October 20, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »

While we've previously seen Albuca spiralis foliage on the Forum and been amazed by it, topped by the flowers it's a real sculpture. I love it. :)
Indeed, it's a nice looking and very interesting plant, but don't put your nose to close to it, having alas a rather unpleasant smell.... ::) ::) :-X

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1568 on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

Not only a place where good new plants were bred, but still a very nice garden to visit  :D

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #1569 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »
Indeed, it's a nice looking and very interesting plant, but don't put your nose to close to it, having alas a rather unpleasant smell.... ::) ::) :-X

Chance would be a fine thing. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1570 on: October 24, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
Only a few entries this week. Mostly Nerine of which I made pics of the ones not seen earlier this autumn:

Nerine flexuosa Alba           
Nerine bowdenii Isabel         
Nerine bowdenii var. wellsii   
Nerine bowdenii Alba           

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1571 on: October 24, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
A vase with seedpods of Crocosmia, brought in several weeks ago, showed the ripening of the seeds:

Crocosmia Nimbus

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1572 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
Seldom seen at shows is the perennial Helianthus salicifolius

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1573 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
and finally two bulbous plants:

Allium virgunculae
Colchicum baytopiorum PB 244 

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #1574 on: November 01, 2012, 06:45:20 AM »
Just a few entries this week, here my pictures:
The first  plant, full of buds, was grown outside all summer without cover, therefore a bit too late in flower. I always believed that Petrocosmea would not withstand our rainy summers outside..... :-\

Petrocosmea rosettifolia   

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal