We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Narcissus viridiflorus  (Read 22811 times)

Corrado & Rina

Re: Narcissus viridiflorus
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
Thanks Anthony, John! I am looking forward to some flowers to come ....

Corrado
Corrado & Rina

Jack Meatcher

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2015, 05:26:17 PM »
Sorry, ladies and gentlemen, but I'm asking advice again (where would I be without this Forum?). Two years ago, I sowed some N.v seed which was already 12 months old. I was also given some freshly collected seed last January. Nothing had emerged by to-day so I carefully removed the compost to find shiny seed husks but nothing inside. I'd be obliged to receive suggestions on getting N. v seeds to germinate, eg., time to sow, water, etc. Thanks in advance.
The Learner

Corrado & Rina

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
Ouch! The temperature where I keep the Narcissus viridiflorus has dropped well below 0 and the soil on top of the pot was frozen hard. Will it survive Anthony, John? What minimum temperature can tolerate without cracking? Shall I bring it inside at around 15 - 16C?

Regards

Corrado
Corrado & Rina

Cfred72

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:14 AM »
Seed pod that had formed to eventually abort. Hopefully the other plant will do better.
520155-0

There is a month and now dead
Frédéric Catoul, Amay en Hesbaye, partie francophone de la Belgique.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2016, 07:30:45 AM »
Ouch! The temperature where I keep the Narcissus viridiflorus has dropped well below 0 and the soil on top of the pot was frozen hard. Will it survive Anthony, John? What minimum temperature can tolerate without cracking? Shall I bring it inside at around 15 - 16C?

Regards

Corrado
Think south of Spain. Here we get the occasional ground frost, but the pots never experience freezing. Winter is in single digits over night, but we can get 16ºC during the day. The plants need to keep growing all winter, so water and mild temperatures are needed.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Cfred72

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2016, 07:36:12 AM »
Think south of Spain. Here we get the occasional ground frost, but the pots never experience freezing. Winter is in single digits over night, but we can get 16ºC during the day. The plants need to keep growing all winter, so water and mild temperatures are needed.

Do you think I better put my plants in a room of the house where it is + - 10 ° C all winter to keep them? And then in the greenhouse once finished freezing the risks?
Frédéric Catoul, Amay en Hesbaye, partie francophone de la Belgique.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2016, 08:36:04 AM »
Sounds like a plan. I tried to grow them in Scotland in the greenhouse kept frost free. I think the problem was not keeping them growing over the winter, but not giving them a baking as they die back in the early summer.

Corrado & Rina

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:51 AM »

Thanks Anthony .... it is just that I have olive tree and jasmine in the pots in the same place, hence I thought it would have been fine (and also in good company botanically speaking :) ....)

Do you think I should bring them in and repot?

Corrado
Corrado & Rina

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
I only repot when they have died back and the soil is dry. January/February in New Zealand, so July/August in the UK.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal