Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Flora of Nepal expedition 2014- Baglung, Rukum, Dolpa.

<< < (10/10)

Maggi Young:
Exploration Grant recipient's  report:

For the  full  report on his trip to the Baglung, Rukum and Dolpa regions districts of North-west Nepal in 2014  by Alan who received an exploration  grant from the SRGC  click HERE ( pdf file is approx. 4.51MB)

Herb rich sub-alpine pasture at Phalgune

alanelliott:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on January 22, 2015, 02:53:47 PM ---Exploration Grant recipient's  report:

For the  full  report on his trip to the Baglung, Rukum and Dolpa regions districts of North-west Nepal in 2014  by Alan who received an exploration  grant from the SRGC  click HERE ( pdf file is approx. 4.51MB)

(Attachment Link)
Herb rich sub-alpine pasture at Phalgune

--- End quote ---

That was quick!

Maggi Young:
I'm only just above sea-level, Al - no altitude sickness to slow me down!  ;)

By the way, Folks- please remember Alan's reports in the form on his Darchula Trip:
http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=9543.0 - all very interesting 

alanelliott:
Ok its been a while since I posted anything. So these next few images are from when we dropped from 4534m (14800ft) at the Jangla Bhanjang to Beluwa at 2334m (7650ft) and the Thuli Bheri Nadi river. The drop into Dolpa district meant we were now in the markedly drier Transhimalaya.

Clematis graveolens

Clematis tibetana brevipes

Clematis grata

alanelliott:
We followed the Thuli Bheri nadi until we met confluence with the Suli gad which marked the beginning for the Phoksumdo National park.

As I said in the report the inital bit of the national park is really trashed. However once you reach the treeline the mix forest was something special, huge old specimens Cupressus tortuosa.

Cupressus tortuosa

Anemone vitifolia

Platystemma violoides

Suli Gad riverine forest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version