We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Plants and fish, a diary from my parents garden.  (Read 3768 times)

reifuan

Re: Plants and fish, a diary from my parents garden.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:51 PM »
who would have thought ten years ago that we'd find Cypripediums at local supermarkets :o

André

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »
I know, it's crazy!   ;D

André

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
First some pics from June. I'm really happy that I try to incorporate as many native plants as I can in the garden, especially with the bad weather we had in June the natives where the only ones that really preformed :)

In the back yard I really haven't done any gardening yet, so I have started to keep the old neglected lawn as a meadow to help wildlife. I haven't added any plants but really enjoy seeing what plants pop up, since I started I've found two-three new species of flowering plants every year :) Insects and insect-eating birds seem to love it too.

The white fluff is Galium album.

But in it you find a bunch of other stuff when you look closer, such as

Leucanthemum vulgare

and

Lilium martagon

In the rest of the garden only plants like

Thymus serpyllum

Sempervivum

and

Iris pseudacorus

looked really happy.

André

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »
The only work I did in the garden in June was to finish the ponds plantfilter.

The design is really simple, just a net in a "creek" propped up from below by rocks, leveled just under the surface of the water.

On the net I planted a bunch of irisses, Caltha 'Himalayan Snow', Thelypteris palustris Schott and  Lythrum salicaria.

my plan is to lift the net about once a year and prune the plants.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal