We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Keith Singleton Compost  (Read 9207 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Keith Singleton Compost
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
Tried to order from the Singleton's website, but it's not working - when I rang it seems you can only see the products on their ebay shop, which doesn't include John Innes compost or large bags of perlite etc. They suggested I tell them what I want and they will quote, but I was hoping for the individual prices and weights to compose a palletful to share with friends. It all became too complicated. Maybe next year. :-\
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Darren

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »
That's sad. I dislike e-bay to the extent that I'd rather do without something if that is the only place I can get it.

And I still need to do my own KS order for this year.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Mavers

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »
Green Ore is just 15 miles from my home David, I use their compost too, though I do tinker with it........wouldn't touch AB's.

Steve & Emma at 'The Mead Nursery', Brokerswood, Westbury, Wiltshire BA13 4EG sell their own brilliant home made compost, collection only though
Mike
Somerset, UK

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
Hi Anne,
Did you go to Keith Singleton Horticulture | Cumbria Garden Centre Compost ...
www.cumbriagardensandpetsdirect.co.uk
That's where I ordered mine from and it worked like a charm just the other week.  Got a mix of various things sand, JI, Aquatic and I even got a few bags of their alpine mix which I have sieved to check how much sharp grit and it's perfect for most of my alpines very free draining...
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »
Doesn't appear to be working at the moment Christine. :'(
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »
Green Ore is just 15 miles from my home David, I use their compost too, though I do tinker with it........wouldn't touch AB's.

Steve & Emma at 'The Mead Nursery', Brokerswood, Westbury, Wiltshire BA13 4EG sell their own brilliant home made compost, collection only though

Mike, I didn't know Mead stocked their own brand. We try to get up to the nursery at least once a year.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

brianw

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
I don't know where Arthur Bowers JI is made but I did notice last week that a cleared area of one on the beds at Wisley looked more or less just the same, with the odd small stone. I amend it so much with grit, perlite etc. that I found the top soil with added JI was better value at my local supplier.
Edge of Chiltern hills, 25 miles west of London, England

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
Quite right Shelagh, how strange.  I ordered no problem but now the pallet option seems to have been discontinued... Pity because it's great stuff!  Must use it carefully... They've only got JI 2 on Facebook unless I'm doing something wrong there too.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Darren

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
I was just in contact with Keith and he tells me that the new website going live coincided with a close family member becoming seriously ill and is still not fully recovered. This, combined with an exceptionally busy spring this year means that work on the website is effectively suspended until things settle down.

He confirms they are still happy to quote for individual requirements and I will still be ordering my bulb-repotting goods later in the summer.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal