We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: looking for pollen of Podophyllum delavayi or difforme  (Read 713 times)

mickeymuc

looking for pollen of Podophyllum delavayi or difforme
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have a few Podophyllums in bud or already blooming here, versipelle, Spotty dotty, Kaleidoscope and a self-grown hybrid.
I don't have flowering delavayi but would love to cross with this one again, as this adds so much color to the offspring.
Does anybody have a little pollen of this species for me?
I guess that in a little plastic bag it should survive a few days until I can use it.

Difforme might also be interesting as a possible parent.

So can anybody help me with that one?

Thank you very much !

Michael
Michael

Dettingen (Erms), southwest Germany
probably zone 7 but warm in summer....

Afloden

• why not ask him..... he'll know !
Re: looking for pollen of Podophyllum delavayi or difforme
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
Mine are all flowering now and there might not be much pollen left after the rain and the wind, but I can try! Let me know if you want me to send any. Sadly my delavayi are not flowering due to a late frost that killed the buds, but not the leaves  ???
Missouri, at the northeast edge of the Ozark Plateau

mickeymuc

Re: looking for pollen of Podophyllum delavayi or difforme
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:27 AM »
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your reply! Late frosts are always a pity, here spring was very warm / hot, so if any frost occurred in May there would be an incredible damage (after what has already been killed by tons of slugs and worms).
If there's any hope for a little pollen I'd be very happy to receive some! I'll pm you my address, okay?
Plus I'll think of something I could send you in return.

Still if someone had delavayi pollen I'd be very happy about this!

Michael
Michael

Dettingen (Erms), southwest Germany
probably zone 7 but warm in summer....

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal