We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: IRG January 2014  (Read 7782 times)

Susann

Re: IRG January 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
Tim, I hope you have a lot of patience then! The goal is to publish in 2018...But I am happy having inspired you to print IRG. It deserves it.

All respect to Ian and the Bulb log, of course Maggi. But right now I think I chose to go to Scotland. There is no time ( nor money) for both of it. But a very good idea, I think. I have a friend ( who carefully read every Bulb log since many years) who knows how to "bind books" ( English or Swenglish?) Wouldn´t it bee nice to have the log in hard covers?
The fastest way to reach your goal is to take one step at a time

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: IRG January 2014
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
It was a pleasure to see  Graham Rice's comments on the IRG ( see  here for details ) and  on Wim's Eranthis article :

"I was especially struck by the issue from January this year which is entirely given over to a review of Eranthis – the best known of which is the winter aconite, Eranthis hyemalis, an invaluable early bulb. What a revelation to see so many lovely forms! You may be surprised to see that some are white."

Now that respected plantman, Henrik Zetterlund of Gothenburg has mentioned Wim's article favourably in his "Garden Blog- all year round in the botanical garden" (Zetterlunds trädgårdsblogg – året runt i Göteborgs botaniska) 
 Henrik shows some fine Eranthis pictures and finishes by commenting:

" I recommend the link to an exhaustive article by Wim Boens in "The International Rock Gardener". Here is everything there is to know about winter aconite. "

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal