We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Snowdrops For Sale  (Read 1551 times)

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Snowdrops For Sale
« on: March 12, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
I received an enquiry today from a friend who knows of snowdrops which might be for sale:

"I am following up a query posed by one of the projects  supported by the charity I manage.

"It concerns the saleability of some of the snowdrops from the site.  They have no idea of the value or whether they are saleable and are little concerned that they may sell some that are potentially diseased. Whenever I have been they always appear to be very healthy.   I blipped the snowdrops on 9th Feb at the historic Bank Hall. They are due to begin a massive restoration project at the site and I suspect that some of the snowdrops are likely to be trashed and they may want to sell them to raise some funds for the project.  Do you know of anybody local to Lancashire who could offer them some advice?"

http://www.blipfoto.com/entry/3979328  Link to a pic - look like mostly doubles.

Please contact me via PM or email and I will put you in contact.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Snowdrops For Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
The picture shows ordinary and healthy nivalis doubles.  These can be sold in bulk to gardeners but are of no interest to collectors.
Almost in Scotland.

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »
The picture shows ordinary and healthy nivalis doubles.  These can be sold in bulk to gardeners but are of no interest to collectors.
Yes and yes.
We are looking for someone who is local to Lancashire and might help relocate a large quantity of common snowdrops.   A nursery / plant centre connection perhaps.  Or a large garden, public or private.

chasw

• Another passion
    • mini40register
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »
I do have some Bank Hall snowdrops already in the garden,these were purchased when the CGS visited Bank Hall many years ago ,they were sold to raise some funds for the massive renovation that is needed,I would willingly purchase some more
Chas Whight in Northamptonshire

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
Might be worth giving them a call.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal