We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula 2013  (Read 47826 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Primula 2013
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
Went to Coleton Fishacre today ( http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/coleton-fishacre/history/  ) forgot to take the camera, and what should I spy. In a wooded glade, one little primrose in full flower, can Spring be far behind!!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »
First one in the greenhouse to flower Primula 'Blue Wave'

.... and the first ones in the garden are out too including a couple of Primroses I can't get at with the camera, and this little hybrid whose colour I can't get properly.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Armin

• Prized above rubies
  • Confessing Croconut
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
David,

'Blue Wave' is very lovely.
Mine set a flower stem but flowers aborted to open. :-\
Best wishes
Armin

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
Was that last year or this Armin?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Armin

• Prized above rubies
  • Confessing Croconut
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
David,
this year. Stem is still green but buds aborted.
Best wishes
Armin

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
The 'Blue Wave' seed you sent to me David has flowered now (washed out by rain now) but was an odd brownish purple colour. Interesting rather than beautiful. Just 3 seedlings, and just the 1 flowered. Maybe the others will be different next year.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »
Hi Lesley,

Here's a couple of mine from the same batch
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2013, 08:32:32 AM »
Very nice, David!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »
Quite a few buds just beginning to break in the greenhouse with the promise of some pictures very early in 2014.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
With the very wet Nov/Dec we have had here in the south, (and all over NZ actually) primulas are looking good and seed I bought from Barnhaven and sowed in early November (6th) has ALL germinated with the exception of an allionii/marginata mix and some is now even pricked out and potted up. More ready to do. This is incredibly quick for seed at this time of year. I haven't even needed to water seed pots as they've had rain or drizzle almost daily. So I'm swamped with a mass of little seedlings (31 packets!) of different kinds and look forward to a colourful spring coming in 2014 and 2015. There has been excellent germination of different forms of P. sieboldii which pleases me and I now know to keep it well away from rabbits!
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal