We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Penstemon tusharensis?  (Read 4190 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Penstemon tusharensis?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »
Thanks for your reply Robert. You're probably right about the lack of light for the newberryi seedlings (if they are) they have been on an undershelf in the greenhouse as I hadn't any other space to put them at the time..
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Penstemon tusharensis?
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
As I said in Reply 12 above sorry to have 'crashed' this thread but since I did it then I might just as well do it again.

The seedling I pictured in Reply 12 has done quite well (seed SRGC 12/13-2921, sown September 2013, labeled as Penstemon berryi) and I think it is P. newberryi ssp. berryi. In his book 'Penstemons' Bob Nold gives the stamens exserted ("not visible when viewed sideways")
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal